Prayer is the heart throb of ministry. What is born in prayer should be sustained by prayer itself. Prayer is one of the major pillars on which faith family church stands and is non-negotiable as depicted in the life and ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ. Additionally the scriptures below guide the prayer department; Lev 6:12 “and the fire on the altar shall be burning in it; it shall not be put out…”Not only should believers stand out in their relationship with God through prayer but they should also raise up as an army of people that can lead others in prayer. This should lead to a ripple effect that spreads the prayer fire through the establishment of prayer altars in families, work/business places, schools and other churches.
The prayer department aims to create conducive spiritual atmosphere:
- The prayer department endeavors to create and uphold a conducive spiritual atmosphere throughout the different programs that run in the year. The department organizes routine prayer and intercession activities that go along with the services or meetings, and the special programs like retreats, intercessory meetings for the department and special seasons of seeking God through deeper fasting and prayer.
- Establish Discipleship in prayer: Secondly the department is responsible for discipling the church and edify it in areas pertaining to our spiritual responsibility to prayer.
- Establishing and coordinating prayer alters: Thirdly Prayer is an aspect of spiritual ministry to one another, to the lost, and the world at large. We therefore labor to build altars that serve communities (e.g. family and work place alters), cities and nations to establish God’s kingdom and will in them. Through intense prayer we fuel the missions and all activities we are called to.
- Conduct Prayer Patrols: Fourthly the Prayer department plans and coordinates prayer patrols aimed at interceding for communities. These include prayer drives through towns and villages
- Developing prayer materials: The department develops reading materials to guide the members on what is involved in prayer and also provide prayer direction in certain seasons.
- Prayer department leadership: The prayer department consists of a pastor in charge of prayer that works with a prayer coordination team. Through the tribe system (prayer coordinators) in tribes facilitate the process of promoting prayer with in the tribes programs. Volunteer systems have been established to identify volunteers to support departmental activities
Praise and Worship is one of the major pillars that define Faith Family Church. We recognize that it is in the secret place that we obtain the secrets of deep intimacy with God and as we draw from Him, there is an overflow that draws the people around us to worship. This is inspired through lives that are on a daily journey of surrender as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God Most High. The music department aims to be a people who worship God in spirit and truth and help others come into the same experience. Emphasis is put, not on a song but rather a life wholly devoted to God from which the song flows. We find expression through song, instrumentation and dance. Our strength is in choosing the best thing; this is by sitting at feet of Jesus, listening to Him, meditating on His word and allowing Him to lead rather being busybodies [Luke 10:38-42].
- Music department leadership and composition: The music department has the music director who over sees the instrumentalist head, choir leaders of the various choirs and tribe system worship leaders. Faith Family music teams include: Faith Family Worship team, Divine Comfort Choir, Youth Worship team & Children’s choir Music department programs: The department ensures that the different strata in our congregation are able to participate in the great call to worship God in spirit and in truth. Church member’s worship life is further built through the support of the tribe worship leaders who ensure that the members are knowledgeable about worship and lives live lives of worship as described in [Romans 12:1-2].
- Mentorship program: This program aims at training church members in worship and playing various musical instruments. Music ministry membership: The music ministry has values and rules that guide church member on how to join the music ministry. Individuals are encouraged to contact the various choir leaders is they want to be part of the music ministry. Secondly different church leaders including the tribe leaders are encouraged to identify members that have a gift in Music. These are then seconded to the music ministry leaders and supported on how to develop the gifts.
The children’s ministry consists of a vibrant children’s church dedicated to raising up Godly children and bringing them in the ways of our Lord Jesus. The ministry mainly aims to help the children in the society come to know Christ’s love and to walk in his faith and to be ready for action in reverence/fear of God. Secondly the ministry also aims to “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6 ESV). Thirdly the Ministry targets to build the Love of Christ in the children’s hearts. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
(Deuteronomy 6:5-9 ESV) The children are classified into different age groups in order to minister to their various needs including:
- Challengers (5 years and below)
- Champions (6 years and 9 years)
Bible class (10 years and 12 years) Children’s Ministry aims to be in deep love with Jesus strong in faith and ready for action through equipping children in genuine experience of God’s love, a strong faith in who God is and boldness to walk towards their destiny. Objectives of the department include:
- Causing children to genuinely experience the Holy Spirit so that they can know the love of God
- To know the Word of God so that they can develop a strong faith (Rom 10:17)
- To know the call upon their lives and walk boldly toward it (Phil.3:14) Children’s Ministry structure /leadership is coordinated by a coordination team that is supported by the pastor. Children leaders for the various groups are also identified to support the activities in the classes. Volunteers are also included to support the ministry activities. Children’s Ministry programs consists of different programs aimed at achieving the vision and objectives. These include; Conducting children’s worship services, Planning and organizing children’s ministry, Plan and conduct Trainings on how to raise children, Hold music practices and training for children aimed at building talents, Bible study, Conduct children’s payer days, Conduct children’s day out (children have fun)
Well known as Youth In Christ (YIC); is a department that belongs to all the young and vibrant young people in the church and members from elsewhere. It reaches to those in school, the working youth, the single and marrieds. This department acquired this name (YIC) from the Dynamic youth ministry on 28th December 2013. The scope of the youth ministry extends beyond the church to include all youth no matter where they belong. It targets to give a new identity to the youth of this generation according to what Christ has made available. Secondly the ministry aims to disciple a generation within our nation and abroad because spiritually many young people are as orphans and need a shepherd. In Judges 2:10, there was a generation that rose up that didn’t know the Lord nor His works and they gave themselves over to detestable works. Through youth in Christ we want to pass down the spiritual heritage of our nation and see it nurtured and preserved in the next generations.
Youth Ministry aims at attaining the fullness of Christ in all things (phil3:10) through Impacting their generation with the life and message of Jesus Christ. (Mark 15:16, Romans 8:19, Phil 3:12). The Youth Ministry motto consist of Paul’s words in (Acts 17:28) In him we live, move and have our being. Youth Ministry or structure: The youth ministry is headed by the youth coordination team that is support a pastor in charge of Youth and programs which include: Prayer meetings, Bible study, Youth ministry missions, Holiday makers fellowship, Youth praise rallies, Youth end of year bash, Group activities like general cleaning by the youths, Sports day, Youth retreats, Youth prayer overnights. The youth ministry also has an outreach arm to schools and institutions of learning called students mission international (SMI). This is a mission’s arm that works to reach youth in their learning institutions no matter the denomination
|Wednesday:||Leaders meeting||4:00PM – 5:00PM|
|Thursday:||Intercession meeting||5:00PM – 6:00PM|
|Sunday:||Youth services||3:00PM – 6:00PM|