21 Day Fast 11th March-31st GUIDANCE.
First and foremost let me mention that fasting and prayer is a significant part of the kingdom culture. These are the things that continue to support the health and vitality of a believer’s spiritual life. God leads us into fasting. He also expects us to fast as Disciples in practice of self-denial for spiritual purpose. Sometimes we are also drawn to fast because of a needed divine intervention.
We know that if a believer doesn’t practice prayer, they will eventually become spiritually cold and of little use to God’s perfect will. The same applies to fasting. There is a higher level of spirituality we will not engage without a fasting habit. When we engage the gears of prayer and fasting in the Spirit on a consistent basis, we become spiritually sharp and strong enough to drive away every enemy and live beyond the natural life. This then becomes a kingdom culture in your life that will enhance every other goodness in the natural and spiritual.
- We shall have a general flow of 12 hours a day in the first week.
- In the second week, we shall do mainly liquids or fluids. Porridges, soups, juices
- In the third week we do 12 hours. Light meals.
29TH-31ST PRAYER CHAIN
DAYS OF MEETING
Mondays 5:30pm-8pm, Tuesdays5:30pm-8pm, Wednesdays5:30pm-8pm
DIRECTIONS OF PRAYER;
The first days and week of any long fast are very crucial. It can determine the quality of the rest of the fast. The direction of this first week will come from a theme scripture in Genesis 3:9
It says, “And Jehovah God called unto the man, and said unto him, WHERE ART THOU?”
This question appeals to our relationship with God and where we stand in our fellowship with God.
This calls us to evaluate how we stand with Him, how we relate with him and whether or not we are in His ways. This question also shows us how God is seeking us from our fallen ways and our cover ups.
This is the week to just say “HERE I AM LORD!”
PRESENT YOURSELF TO HIM ….
Break the rollercoster of ;distractions and incuberances Luke 10:40-42 Slow down and allow your soul to get rest in God psalms 62:1. Weed out the weeds of your life.; Jerimiah 4:3 weeds like anxiety, worry, greed, lusts, pride, gossip etc
Genuine repentance is crucial! Kill that which wants to destroy your destiny. 1 Sam 15:2-3.
EVANGELISM DAY; intercession for evangelism day on 16th will be on going through this week
Job 30:16 Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? Or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
This is the week to cultivate depth in the spirit through deeper prayer and fasting. This is the week to go further in travail and supplication for God’s reign to be enhanced in our lives. Use fasting and prayer as powerful vehicles of the spirit to usher you to a new depth with God.
Practicing whole hearted prayer and digging fervently into the Lord yielding to His desire for us to be LOST IN Him. PSALMS 17:28
Seeking Him to place us in the center of His will and out of all the ‘Ishmael’ confusion. Purpose to birth in prayer your ‘Isaac’ God’s perfect will for the rest of your life. Wrestle, contend, travail and believe to see your God ordained path. Go deep into thse matters. Colossians 1;9, Colossians 4:12
Ask God to Align you to His Character and with your Kingdom assignment on earth. Romans 8:29, Malachi 3:18, Romans 12:11
THE KINGDOM CHURCH
Romans 12:5. So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as also ye were called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all.
In this week we are joining the ADVOCATE at the throne to intercede for the whole Body.
- Praying for Gods kingdom agenda to evangelize the world, win souls, disciple nations and establish the kingdom on erth. Mathew 6:10
- This isnt going to be possible until the church gets into the Unity of the Spirit. There are many things that divide believers and someare just laughable. We need to identify and pray down these strongholds
- Pray that Gods kingdom culture shall cut across the entire body of Christ until we reflect the splendor and glory of our Kingdom. Isaiah 61:3 “……then people will call them “oaks of righteousness”, “The Planting of the Lord”,in order to display his splendor.”
- Ask God for the Latter rain of His Spirit and Glory to be poured out globally to bring the church to maturity and make Her ready for the end of Zechariah 10;1
AS WE FAST LET US PAY HEED TO THIS WARNING…..Isa 58:3 ‘Why have we fasted?’ they ask, But you do not see? Why have we humbled ourselves, but you take no notice?'” “LOOK! On your fast day you SERVE YOUR OWN INTEREST and ……..”
MAY HE SEE AND TAKE NOTICE !